Frequently Asked Questions

Owner Builder NSW

What's new for NSW owner-builders?

Owner-builders undertaking work over $10,000 must apply for an owner-builder permit and must provide evidence of having completed basic Work Health and Safety Training (White card) which we offer fully online.

Owner-builders undertaking work over $20,000 must also complete the mandated owner-builder training, which comprises the following five units of competency from the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package:

  • CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
  • CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
  • CPCCCM1011A Undertake basic estimation and costing
  • CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
  • CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication

ABE Education have updated their owner-builder course and subjects to meet the above requirements and in addition have added very important information about mandatory and highly recommended insurances, Upon successful completion, a statement of attainment listing the above competencies will be issued by email within 4 hours.

ABE Education also offer the required WHS training for a Nationally Recognised Construction Induction White Card

Where do I take my Course Certificate & White Card to Apply for an Owner-Builder permit?

Take the original (or JP signed copy) of your course completion certificate together with a completed Owner Builder Permit Application Form and documents which identify you as an owner of the property to your nearest RMS office or Fair Trading Office and pay the required fee.

Leave this field blank

Can't find what you want?