Owner Builder NSW
What's new for NSW owner-builders?
Owner-builders undertaking work over $10,000 must apply for an owner-builder permit and must provide evidence of having completed basic Work Health and Safety Training (White card) which we offer fully online.
Owner-builders undertaking work over $20,000 must also complete the mandated owner-builder training, which comprises the following five units of competency from the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package:
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM1011A Undertake basic estimation and costing
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
ABE Education have updated their owner-builder course and subjects to meet the above requirements and in addition have added very important information about mandatory and highly recommended insurances, Upon successful completion, a statement of attainment listing the above competencies will be issued by email within 4 hours.
ABE Education also offer the required WHS training for a Nationally Recognised Construction Induction White Card